SPECIAL NEEDS DENTISTRY
We are proud to provide regular dental hygiene and restorative care for medically compromised, autistic and children with developmental disabilities. Patients with disabilities and special needs often are in need of care above and beyond of that provided in a conventional dental office setting, which is why many dental professionals refer patients to us.
Dr. Pivnik and team have special training in working with and providing treatment to medically compromised children and special needs, always taking into account the comfort zone and scope of your child's abilities.
At Gold River Pediatric Dentistry, we have worked with children with different kinds of developmental disabilities, including:
- Autism/Asperger’s syndrome
- Down syndrome
- Hearing impairment
- Cleft lip and palate
- Cerebral palsy
- Sensory processing disorder
Dr. Pivnik is passionate about working with patients with special needs. He is not only a special needs specialist, but also a member of the Sutter Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Anomalies Panel in Sacramento, which has programs designed for children who:
- Were born with cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and other conditions.
- Have tumors or injuries that affect their oral area.
- Have missing teeth or other serious dental conditions.
- Depending on the individual case, some of our young patients may be eligible for treatment under general anesthesia.
Please contact us to schedule your special care dentistry appointment for your child.